All RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds from SOS are based on the RSS 2.0 specification. RSS is a standard for syndicating
frequently updated site content via a newsreader or browser — Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and most other web browsers understand RSS, and many "smart" phones can read/view them using a built-in or freebie App.
Just click the forum links below, then bookmark the feed URL (or cut-and-paste into your smartphone/iPad 'reader' app).
SOS Forum Discussion Feeds
- Recording TechniquesA place to discuss all things related to recording your basic tracks. Use this forum to discuss microphones and mic selection, mic preamps, field and studio recording techniques, performance monitoring, session planning and budgeting. Newbies warmly welcome — come in and say hello!
- Production — Mixing, Mastering, Gear & TechniquesA place to discuss all things to do with music production, including studio gear choices, hardware and ITB mixing, EQ, compression and other effects (both hardware and software-based), headphone/loudspeaker monitoring, all aspects of post-production and mastering. This is the place to post your links if you are looking for feedback on your own productions, too.
- DIY, Electronics, Studio Design & AcousticsCustomising, building or repairing your own gear? Building, treating or equipping a new studio? Need help with acoustic treatment and bass traps? If you have a toolbox or soldering iron, need advice on repairs, this is the place to hang out to exchange tips, ask questions and find practical answers.
- PC MusicAll things relating to music-making on a Windows computer.
[Moderated by Martin Walker]
- Mac MusicDiscussion group for current and would-be users of Apple Macs and associated peripherals, with answers to many FAQs.
- Keyboards & SynthesisIf you're a fan of synths, pianos or keyboards of any sort then this is the place for you!
- Guitar Technology
- Music BusinessWant advice on how to get your music heard or setting up your own label? Wondering how PRS works? Curious to know how to get your tracks more exposure on the web? This is the place to discuss all the business aspects of the 'music business'.
- Music Theory, Songwriting & CompositionDedicated to the use and abuse of formal music theory and its applications, score writing, practice strategies, overcoming creative blocks, as well as any other issues regarding composition/songwriting and lyrics.
- Live Sound & PerformanceIf you perform live (or aspire to), want advice on live sound engineering, PA gear, amps and backline then this forum is for all you performing musicians, gigging bands, and live sound engineers.
Off-Topic Discussion Feed
- Musicians' Lounge(Off-Topic) A place for everyone to relax and unwind, but please be respectful of our forum rules