Live is more than capable when it comes to bass. We give you an overview...
Live Suite offers many tools to create synthesized basses. This month we’ll dissect some of Live’s bass instrument presets and racks for tips on how to build your own and then expand on these ideas. I won’t cover sampled basses, but you can use the effects described to enhance Live or third-party sampled basses as well.
Live’s Core Library is a good place to start your search for bass sounds: select Packs in the Places panel of Live’s browser, unfold the Core Library Pack and then open the Bass folder inside the Sounds folder. Most of the Instrument Racks you’ll find there start with either Live’s Analog or Operator instruments...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.