Pro Tools users have requested five feature additions above all others. But can you work around their absence?
The official Pro Tools Ideascale web site, at http://protools.ideascale.com/, allows users to make their own feature requests and vote on other people’s, giving Avid useful feedback as to how their customers would like to see the program develop in the future. At the time of writing, 12 of the current top 20 feature requests have yet to be implemented (see table, at the end), so last month and this, we’ve been looking at these ‘missing’ features and how their absence might be worked around in the current version of Pro Tools 12. This month, we get to the six most-requested features that are still yet to be implemented, starting with...
8: Undo Delete Tracks
Judging by the feedback on the Ideascale web site, this is clearly a request that has polarised users. Currently, if you delete a track, everything goes and you cannot get it back. To be fair, you...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.