These small tips could make a big difference to your Pro Tools experience!
In this month’s workshop, rather than discuss a single Pro Tools feature in detail, I thought I’d compile some of the smaller tips that I’ve accumulated over the years. However experienced you are with the program, I find there are always new tricks to learn!
- Make Edit Selections On The Fly
Sometimes it is easier or more appropriate to make selections whilst playing, rather than auditioning the material before placing the cursor. To make selections on the fly, put Pro Tools into Play, and when the playback cursor reaches the spot you want to mark as your ‘in’ point, hit the down arrow key on the keyboard. (I’m talking...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.