We look at the most popular Pro Tools feature requests, and explain how you can adapt where they haven’t yet been implemented.
Back in August 2009, Avid launched the Pro Tools Ideascale web site at http://protools.ideascale.com to act as a public clearing house for user feedback, bug reports and new feature ideas. The idea is that users can make feature requests which are then voted on by other users, allowing Avid to see what people want included in future versions. Whilst visiting the Pro Tools Ideascale site recently, I looked at the top 20 feature requests and was surprised by how many were yet to be implemented.
|Ranking||Feature Idea||Date Submitted||Date Completed||Comments|
|1||Freeze tracks||March 2010||December 2015||Included in Pro Tools 12.4|
|2||Folders in Clips list||August 2009|
|3||Save and load plug-in...|
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.