Refresh your musical mojo with Reason 9’s Players.
This month we return to the new Players in Reason 9, exploring the Note Echo and Scales & Chords devices and some inspiring ways in which they can be combined and stacked. As a quick recap, Players are a new family of Reason devices that manipulate MIDI notes in real time as you (or a sequencer track) play them.
Note Echo offers an inverted take on regular echo effects, and can do things that would be impossible with a traditional audio delay line. This Player repeats MIDI notes, and can alter their pitch and velocity before they reach the instrument they’re patched into. As well as traditional echo and repeat effects, Note Echo can be used to create chords and strums.
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.