We show you how to record guitar and bass in Reason.
Reason may have started out as a synth playground, but these days it’s also a perfect DAW for the singer-songwriter or guitarist. This month we’ll explore Reason’s guitar-specific tools and devices, and look at the best approaches for recording guitar and bass.
There are several scenarios for hooking up your guitar to Reason, which may depend on your preference or your particular audio interface. You could go the traditional route of miking your amp. Alternatively, your audio interface might have a direct instrument input, allowing you to record clean or through Reason’s built-in guitar effects. A further possibility is a hardware...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Web Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Web subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Web sub from our shop
- A Web sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Web access to your existing subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.