We explore the new Track Alternatives feature added to the recent Logic Pro 10.3 update.
Track Alternatives is Apple’s name for the container that houses multi-region playlists. In the 10.3 update, you are now able to save various different versions of an arrangement on a per-track basis. This is a really powerful feature that allows you to try out different arrangement ideas without having to save and load different versions of a project. First of all we will look at how to use Track Alternatives within a single track in a small arrangement to try out different melodic ideas. Then we will move onto using Track Alternatives to experiment...
You've only read 10% of this article, so to continue reading...
Option 1: Login to read this article if you have a Digital Subscription or Industry Controlled Circulation account
- To read the full article online (in HTML browser format), please LOG IN at the top of this page.
- Note: Your Digital subscription does not include downloadable PDF articles free of charge.
Option 2: Buy a Digital sub from our shop
- A Digital sub can be bought from our Shop and used immediately, or contact our Subs staff to discuss an upgrade price to add Digital access to your existing Print subscription.
Option 3: Buy and download this SOS article in Adobe PDF format
- Buy this article now and immediately download the PDF file to your computer.
- PDF articles look identical to the printed magazine layouts (but exclude advertisements).
- Note: Some shorter articles don't always have a PDF version.