Fantastic chance to Win AEA RPQ2 Preamp & EQ £1499$1499
This month, we’re delighted to be giving you a chance to win a phenomenal preamp and EQ from ribbon mic masters AEA. The AEA RPQ2 Ribbon Preamp and EQ provides two channels of high-quality, high-gain, low-noise preamplification with a rich and musical sound that complements the natural tonality of your microphones. Specifically designed for ribbon microphones, the RPQ2 excels at drawing out the warmth and lush sound that ribbons are known for. With 81dB of gain, JFET circuitry, and an input impedance of 63kΩ, the RPQ2 delivers the precision, quietness and headroom needed for today’s high-resolution recordings.
SOS Technical Editor Hugh Robjohns was impressed by the RPQ2 in his June 2017 review, calling it “a lovely preamp” and noting that it is “one of the cleanest and most neutral-sounding preamps I’ve used, with a blissfully quiet noise floor even at high gain...” (http://sosm.ag/jun17aea).
The RPQ2 is the AEA’s second iteration of the high-performance RPQ preamp and adds some new and useful features. It is now possible to plug musical instruments directly into the RPQ2’s high-impedance circuit, thanks to its front-panel direct inputs. The RPQ2 also includes a Mic/Line switch for balanced line inputs, as well as inserts for patching compressors or other effects between the preamp and trademarked CurveShaper EQ section. The RPQ2’s CurveShaper EQ gives you the tools to control your ribbons right at the start of the signal path. Switchable and tuneable low- and high-frequency controls allow you, respectively, to tame proximity effect and provide high-frequency extension and slope control.
Engineers have discovered that the RPQ2 is a perfect fit not just with ribbons but also with capacitor and moving-coil microphones. Detailed and accurate, the AEA RPQ2 is a high-quality, high-gain option for all microphones. It could be yours, if you enter this month’s competition. Simply enter before November 6, 2017. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by AEA Ribbon Mics
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, AEA, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.