Win Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Interface & Modelling Mics worth $2995
In our competition this month (exclusively for our US readers!) we’re giving you the chance to win Antelope Audio’s brand-new Discrete 8 Thunderbolt and USB audio interface, along with seven modelling microphones and over 40 vintage effects plug-ins.
The Discrete 8 interface is the backbone of the system, sporting eight console-grade, fully discrete microphone preamps, 121dB dynamic range conversion and the rock-solid clocking for which Antelope are famous. Another feature that makes this an even more appealing prospect is its onboard FPGA processing that allows for modelling of hardware, including classic microphones. Using Antelope’s AFX platform, the Discrete 8 can also model preamps, guitar amps, transformer and tube effects and a huge selection of classic vintage gear. In addition, users will soon be able to harness this processing power in their DAW thanks to an upcoming plug-in dubbed AFX2DAW.
The Discrete 8 is a 26-in, 32-out audio interface with eight analogue ins and outs (via D-sub), a pair of monitor outs, two reamp outs and a pair of headphone outputs. Digital connectivity is provided in the form of S/PDIF and dual ADAT I/O.
Where the package gets really interesting is with the introduction of Antelope’s Edge and Verge microphones. In the bundle is one Edge, a dual-capsule, edge-terminated, large-diaphragm condenser capable of multiple polar patterns, and this is joined by six Verges, Antelope’s small-diaphragm, back electret mic that has been designed to withstand high SPLs. When combined with the FPGA Accusonic 3D Modelling Engine, Antelope promise that both Edge and Verge mics can be transformed into vintage replicas, realising complete control over proximity effect, off-axis response, and even allowing them to change polar patterns during or after recording. Among the large-diaphragm models are emulations of revered microphones vintage and new. What’s more, you can pair these with modelled preamps, EQs and compressors to create virtual vintage channel strips.
To be in with a chance of winning this hugely versatile studio recording package, enter on our web site by Friday 5 January, 2018. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Antelope Audio.
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Antelope Audio, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.