Fantastic chance to Win an Antelope Audio Edge Strip £1145$1295
How many times have you made a recording and then wished during mixdown that you’d used another mic with a different sonic character or polar pattern? Well, with their mic-modelling solutions, Antelope could have a remedy. This month, we’re giving you the chance to win an Antelope Audio Edge Strip, the company’s latest mic-modelling bundle. The Edge Strip comprises an Edge large-diaphragm microphone — named for its dual edge-terminated diaphragms — and the Discrete MP, a two-channel analogue preamp with digital control via USB, complemented by a collection of native plug-ins including mic and preamp emulations, an EQ and a compressor.
The Discrete MP preamp features a pair of mic/line inputs and a pair of balanced outputs. It provides up to 61dB of remotely controllable gain and a fully transformerless, discrete audio path. While it’s designed to perfectly complement the Edge mic at one end, the Discrete MP also features a gain calibration system that Antelope say will ensure optimal compatibility with the onward recording chain.
The Edge microphone has two outputs — one for each diaphragm — and these feed the dual inputs on the Discrete MP preamp. You can then use the native AFX plug-ins within your DAW to alter the sonic signature and polar pattern of the mic. Each of these plug-ins is a direct code port from the FPGA digital signal processors found in the Discrete 4 and 8. They comprise component-based models of the Berlin 47 FT, Berlin 87, Berlin 67 and the Tokyo 800T mics, as well three preamp emulations, Antelope’s Stay Levin compressor and the BAE 1073 EQ.
The plug-ins work with all major DAWs on Mac and PC and no drivers are required — just connect the outputs of the Discrete MP into two inputs on your existing audio interface.
What sets the Edge Strip apart from Antelope’s other mic-modelling options is that the preamp itself does not possess a USB audio interface. By doing away with both that and onboard FPGA processing, Antelope have been able to keep costs down, making this the most affordable way of getting Antelope’s mic-modelling tech into your recording setup.
To be in with a chance of winning this marvellous mic-modelling prize, enter the competition online by Monday 4 June. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Antelope Audio
+44 (0)20 8133 8355
+1 415 869 9661
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Antelope Audio and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.