Fantastic chance to win Audient iD44 & ASP880 worth $1550£1300
This month, we’re teaming up with British console and audio interface experts Audient to offer an enviable recording bundle. At the heart of the prize bundle is the company’s brand-new desktop audio interface, the iD44. The latest and largest addition to the iD range of solidly built USB audio interfaces, the iD44 provides four Class-A mic preamps and plenty of scope for expansion via not one but two sets of ADAT optical inputs and outputs.
Though similar in design to the popular iD22, which we called “a highly capable audio interface” in our January 2014 review (http://sosm.ag/jan14id22), the iD44 offers a few enhancements. As well as having dedicated, per-channel switches for high-pass filter, -10dB pad and +48V phantom power, the iD44 gains three user-programmable function buttons and the ‘Scroll Control’ feature, which turns the iD44’s large level knob into a mouse scroll wheel for adjusting on-screen parameters. It also sports a larger LED level meter, talkback functionality in the monitoring section, two discrete JFET instrument inputs and two headphone outputs located on the front edge of the metal enclosure.
On the rear of the interface are four mic/line inputs — two of which boast balanced insert points where you can patch in an outboard EQ or compressor, for example — plus four balanced line outputs, a word clock out and the ADAT optical ports. Thanks to the ADAT connectivity, you can add an additional 16 inputs for a total of 20 ins and 24 outs at 44.1/48 kHz. Alternatively, you can add eight channels and record at rates up to 96kHz — something that’s possible using Audient’s ASP880, which we’re also giving away this month.
The ASP880 is an eight-channel preamp featuring high-quality Burr Brown A-D conversion, variable impedance and variable high-pass filters, two discrete JFET instrument inputs as well as ADAT, AES and S/PDIF digital outputs. It boasts the same Class-A mic preamps as the company’s consoles which Technical Editor Hugh Robjohns described in his August 2014 SOS review (http://sosm.ag/aug14asp880) as “clean, quiet, accurate, transparent and with masses of headroom” adding that they “can get a little crunchy in a nice way for drums if pushed”.
To be in with a chance of winning this perfect studio recording pairing, visit the link below and enter the competition on the SOS web site before the closing date of April 2, 2018. Good luck!
Prizes kindly donated by Audient
+44 (0)1256 381944
Momentum Audio Sales +1 888 470 0067
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Audient, Momentum Audio Sales and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.