Fantastic chance to win Blue SL mics & Sadie headphones worth £1235$1300
Featuring Blue’s new Essential SL series mics plus the acclaimed Sadie powered headphones for laptop‑based tracking and mixing, this month’s ultimate production bundle from Blue is the perfect complement of gear to spark your creativity.
The new Essential SL series takes the company’s hugely popular studio condenser range to new heights. Featuring refined sonics, streamlined designs and switches for high-pass filtering and a -20dB pad, the new Essential SL series mics offer distinct tonal characteristics to perfectly capture your most creative moments.
The range comprises three models: the Baby Bottle SL, the Bluebird SL and the Spark SL. The Spark SL features a cardioid‑pattern capsule feeding into solid-state, Class-A JFET circuitry. Sporting a 20mm gold-sputtered diaphragm, the Spark SL is an all-rounder with a flat frequency response up to 5kHz and a subtle presence hump, making it a good fit for vocals as well as a wide range of acoustic instruments, including drums, guitar and piano.
The Bluebird SL, meanwhile, has a modern, crystal-clear sound that Editor In Chief Paul White praised in his January 2017 review (http://sosm.ag/jan17blue) for having “a great balance between warm lows and airy highs.” This makes it a good match for drums, piano and acoustic guitar as well as vocals, saxophone and strings.
The Baby Bottle SL is designed to offer classic warmth and presence. Blue recommend the mic for voice, pretty much all acoustic instruments and also electric guitar cabinets, electric organs and even bass guitar cabinets.
In addition to the three mics, we’re also giving away a pair of Blue’s Sadie headphones. With an on-board audiophile-grade headphone amplifier, Sadie brings the performance of custom‑tuned, high-end reference monitors to your ears, so you can judge what’s really going on in your mix. And by relieving your devices of the burden of power, the Sadies deliver studio‑quality audio on laptops and other mobile devices, so you can track, mix and really enjoy your music anywhere.
To be in with a chance of winning this bundle, simply fill in the form on the right before the closing date of Friday 8th December, 2017.
Prizes kindly donated by Blue.
Music Psych +44 (0)20 7607 6005
+1 818 879 5200
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, Blue, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.