Fantastic chance to WIN an SOS Award-winning mic preamp, the Neve 1073SPX. Prize value £1695$2695
Launched in 1970, the original Neve 1073 soon became the first‑choice mic preamp for leading producers and artists. Found on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years, the big, punchy sound of the 1073 complements any musical genre — from rock to rap to classical. The quality is legendary.
Designed and built in England, the modern-day 1073SPX [reviewed SOS January 2018] is produced to the exact specifications as the original, with matched components to ensure the sound remains true. The 1073SPX has a Neve 1073 Class‑A design microphone preamplifier, with three-band EQ (fixed HF plus two switchable bands with cut/boost capability) and high pass filter. The unit adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience — and embodies, according to many engineers and producers, the essence of the genuine Neve sound.
Building on the 1073 classic module features, the 1073SPX introduces extra functionality with integrated DI input, phantom power, selectable insert feature, level meters, output level control and front input connectors for easy and direct connection of microphones and instruments. The 19‑inch 1U rackmount unit includes an external multi-voltage PSU, and an optional Digital I/O module is available.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, answer the questions and complete the tie-breaker, then submit your form by Friday 12th April 2019. Good luck!
Prize kindly donated by AMS Neve Ltd.
The small print
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering this competition, you confirm that you are aged 18 years or older.
- Employees of SOS Publications Group, AMS Neve, and their immediate families are ineligible for entry.
- No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated prize.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the specification of the prize offered.
- The judges' decision is final and legally binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No other correspondence is to be included with competition entries.
- Please ensure that you give your DAYTIME telephone number on your entry form.
- Prize winners must be prepared to make themselves available in the event that the competition organisers wish to make a personal presentation.