You are here

Mix Rescue

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Mix Rescue

Postby Matt Houghton » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:40 am

I just wanted to remind everyone that we're always looking for candidates to feature in the Mix Rescue feature in the magazine. For the uninitiated, this is where we take a reader's track and improve the mix. We feature this in the magazine an article describing what was done and why, along with some audio examples on the web.

So, if you have a great track but are a bit frustrated by your mix, send it in - you'll get a good mix back and some useful feedback for your future projects. I can't promise that we can rescue all tracks but I will promise that we'll consider every one.

If you're keen, send an MP3 of your track to us at mixrescue@soundonsound.com or you could post it on the My Sound Files section of this forum (under Forum/Go To Forum/Resources from the drop down menu at the top of the page), which we'll check every week or so. You can always drop me a short email with a link to it elsewhere (e.g. Myspace - but remember to specify which track if there are several).

If we accept your track, you'll need to be able to send us the multitrack recordings as WAV or AIFF files, all starting at bar 1 beat 1 (i.e. 0:00:00), preferably in mono 16 or 24 bit / 44.1 or 48kHz. We also prefer to receive the tracks as recorded, without any processing applied, as some things just can't be undone!

Thanks

Matt.
Matt Houghton
Frequent Poster
SOS Reviews Editor