You are here

Any royalty free music/backgrounds for voiceovers?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Any royalty free music/backgrounds for voiceovers?

Postby balaftuna » Fri May 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Hi

Can anyone recommend sounds/background music/samples to be used as background for voiceover works?

I found a few sites, but they charge about 20 GBP per track.
Is there anything else? perhaps subscription based?

Thanks.

Shay.
balaftuna
Regular

Re: Any royalty free music/backgrounds for voiceovers?

Postby desmond » Fri May 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Garageband/Logic comes with a bunch, but because of these they are used *everywhere* - I've heard them on multiple podcasts, web videos and even on full network TV shows. Plus of course the at least two chart hits based on them.

It shows you the demand for good, royalty free, free music....

There are quite a lot of sites for music for video production, of various qualities and prices, so do a bit of a google and you'll turn up a bunch of stuff.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby narcoman » Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 am

either make it yourself or pay the 20 quid - c'mon it's hardly a lot is it?
narcoman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Battenburg to the power of 20 - said by Richie Royale in a moment of genius. 4pm. Wed 16th Nov 2011. Remember where you were....

Postby Neil C » Sat May 22, 2010 2:11 am

Omnisphere would give you a lot of atmospheric do it yourselfs very quickly.
And with combinations of sounds you'd get things not heard by many people before.
Neil C
Regular

Postby balaftuna » Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks for replies.

20 bob can be a lot when the budget is small, and I have to provide a lot of tracks in a short time.

Definitely will check Omni - cheers :)!
balaftuna
Regular

Postby narcoman » Mon May 24, 2010 12:19 am

balaftuna wrote:Thanks for replies.

20 bob can be a lot when the budget is small, and I have to provide a lot of tracks in a short time.

Definitely will check Omni - cheers :)!

I know , I know. And I understand. But my standpoint is - if the budgets THAT small then "the boys can't play" - if you see what I mean. If your client can't afford the music then they shouldn't be requesting it....... too much of the world wants something for nothing. About time people (us) started taking a stand against that sort of thinking. Time is money and music takes time to make.
narcoman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Battenburg to the power of 20 - said by Richie Royale in a moment of genius. 4pm. Wed 16th Nov 2011. Remember where you were....

Postby balaftuna » Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 am

Good point narcoman.
Thanks.
balaftuna
Regular

Postby Brownstone » Mon May 24, 2010 12:49 am

Quote balaftuna:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for replies.

Definitely will check Omni - cheers !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know , I know. And I understand. But my standpoint is - if the budgets THAT small then "the boys can't play" - if you see what I mean. If your client can't afford the music then they shouldn't be requesting it....... too much of the world wants something for nothing. About time people (us) started taking a stand against that sort of thinking. Time is money and music takes time to make.

Spoken like a true music patriot. I'm behind this sort of resistence 100%!! "IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THE MUSIC YOU HAVE TO PAY THE PIPER"!!"
Brownstone
Poster

Postby Brownstone » Mon May 24, 2010 1:37 am

I'll provide the background tracks if you can provide internationally known heads of state, famous and respected actors and actresses and people who are making positive ripples in the ocean of love and kindness through-out the universe. BTW, your productions coming from your studio are fabulous. Perhaps a few of your clients might accomodate your background needs for voice-overs.

Yes. This is something I have composed for through the years. Mostly documentaries but a few training videos for the med. health industry.
Brownstone
Poster

Postby balaftuna » Wed May 26, 2010 11:48 am

Brownstone wrote:I'll provide the background tracks if you can provide internationally known heads of state, famous and respected actors and actresses and people who are making positive ripples in the ocean of love and kindness through-out the universe. BTW, your productions coming from your studio are fabulous.
Thanks for the nice words. I have to admit though that as for the rest of your reply, I have never been so confused in a long time!
All the best.
S.
balaftuna
Regular

Postby tomafd » Wed May 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Brownstone wrote:
Spoken like a true music patriot. I'm behind this sort of resistence 100%!! "IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THE MUSIC YOU HAVE TO PAY THE PIPER"!!"

I see.

When it's in your interest, you want to be paid - but at the same time you put up a thread asking the question "what wrong with file-sharing anyway ? " and staunchly defended the rights of those who never want to pay the piper.

I think you should really do some serious navel-gazing and sort out these kinds of glaring inconsistencies in your views, don't you think ?
tomafd
Frequent Poster

Postby BJG145 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 pm

balaftuna wrote:Definitely will check Omni
Omnisphere is a brilliant synth, but there's a big difference between a synth and a soundtrack.

These look cheap.

http://www.wavtracks.com/
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby balaftuna » Wed May 26, 2010 6:10 pm

BJG You rock! That looks great!
nice one
balaftuna
Regular

Postby Arli » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:03 am

Great list, here is another site royalty free music https://audioluck.com
Arli