You are here

HIt Factory Gear

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

HIt Factory Gear

Postby Harnoisable » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:08 pm

Hi everyone,
My company is liquidating the Hit Factory New York. We will have almost every piece of gear from the 5 room+ facility in about a week. The list is long, and includes everything from 1176\'s to SSL 9080K consoles ( a few choice synths as well). Some gear is going to there FL facility, but most of what you may have worked will be here. Send me an email (mikeh@proaudiodesign.com)if you would like the spreadsheet when it's available on Friday.
All the best,
Mike
Harnoisable

Re: HIt Factory Gear

Postby Steve Hill » Wed May 04, 2005 11:45 pm

Warning to all SoS forum readers!

I followed up on this - I am in the middle of a major studio upgrade and was more than willing in principle to spend some quite serious money here. As I do not want to be sued by some US lawyer on a no-win no-fee basis, I will state only the facts and leave others to draw their own conclusions about the fairness with which these proceedings are being conducted.

1. I responded to Mike Harnois' post by PM on 1 March saying I would like the spreadhseet.

2. Nothing happened "by Friday". Or indeed until 25 April when I got an email from Mike saying they had cleared the studio (still no spreadhseet...) and filled a lot of trucks, they would be preparing things for sale but meanwhile if I had any special requirements let them know and I could have my own "personal shopper" assist me. "Later this week" a list would follow. That was last week, still no list.

3. I replied on 27 April saying I was in the market for some high-end outboard gear, notably a Lexicon 480L or similar, and also dynamics processors (1176, Distressor etc or similar). No response from my personal shopper, or anyone, over a week later.

4. On browsing eBay I find this ad: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23790&item=7319774910&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

It seems anything with a Lexicon label on it was sold ages ago, and thi one is only back on the market because someone this guy had "pre-sold" to had let him down.

I am not out of pocket, I have merely wasted some time here, and I understand business is business. Nobody ever said there would be a public auction, fair enough.

However, I do feel as a genuine purchaser that these guys do not really care whether I live or die, which makes me wonder to what extent they are really going the extra mile to get the most for the assets they are charged to dispose of.

The good news is I have now picked up a Lexicon 480L elswhere, for significantly less than this one is offered at!
Steve Hill
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Frank Eleveld » Wed May 04, 2005 11:54 pm

Besides Steve's notes I can't help feeling this is an advertisement in disguise and as such it would break this forum's regulations.
Frank Eleveld
Frequent Poster

Postby Steve Hill » Thu May 05, 2005 10:20 am

Aaargh - those darn eBay people!!!

In a spirit of balanced reporting, here's the full text of an email I just got back from Mike -

"Steve,
I am out of the office, so i don't have time to respond to your total email.

That ebay listing is not us... someone in St Louis lying that they have a 480 from the HF.

IT"S EBAY MAN!!!!

People can say whatever they want on ebay.

Sorry your unimpressed with us.

We have 10M worth of gear in our shop and haven't finished the inventory.

No one has gotten a list.

Take care,

Mike"

So, still a very good chance of picking up some nice gear!

I'll try to keep you posted.
Steve Hill
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Steve Hill » Thu May 05, 2005 10:22 am

Steve,
I am out of the office, so i don't have time to respond to your total email.
That ebay listing is not us... someone in St Louis lying that they have a
480 from the HF.
IT"S EBAY MAN!!!!
People can say whatever they want on ebay.
Sorry your unimpressed with us.
We have 10M worth of gear in our shop and haven't finished the inventory.
Know one has gotten a list.
Take care,
Mike
Steve Hill
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Scottdru » Fri May 06, 2005 8:59 pm

Steve,

Has anybody reported this to ebay or followed it up?

Interesting what it said at the bottom of the ebay ad:

I have 99% Positive feedback, an Ebay member for over 5 years, bid with confidence!... almost every 480L listed on ebay for the last year has been some scam. I am in the phone book. Same location for 13 years. Call the studio anytime-(314)481-5800 ask for Craig
Scottdru
Frequent Poster
Scott --Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?