You are here

Waldorf Microwave I OS2.0

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Waldorf Microwave I OS2.0

Postby olivier » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:00 pm

I just bought a nice Microwave I last week, and I'm trying to figure out what kind of hardware controller I could use to make programing a more pleasant experience (ahhh the legendary waldorf conception of user-friendliness).

I'm not really into sourcing an Access programmer as they tend to be expensive, and anyway they are dedicated to MWs only.

I saw that Boele Gerkes uses a Novation Remote 25 as a controller.

are there any users out there who could recommend a good hardware controller for the MW ?

cheers
Olivier
olivier
Poster

Re: Waldorf Microwave I OS2.0

Postby themajorblip » Sat May 03, 2008 9:43 am

I would say a Remote 25SL was the best bet - making your own template from midi CCs
themajorblip
Poster

Re: Waldorf Microwave I OS2.0

Postby olivier » Mon May 05, 2008 9:06 am

actually, I'm sure "simple" MIDI CCs just won't work as the MW is a fairly old technology (1988-1989) : it just understands specific Sysex, which means you need a controller where you can program Sysex , so the generic controller wont work.

Can you actually program Sysex on the Novation remote 25 SL ? it seems that you can do it but by reading the material on Novation website I'm not that sure anymore.
olivier
Poster