You are here

Sound Control + Turnkey go into administration...

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Sound Control + Turnkey go into administration...

Postby forumuser788714 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:16 pm

with us, nobody knew until yesterday I swear (well maybe one person did be he claims he did not)
forumuser788714

Postby thomomatic » Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm

Seye wrote:
Jamus wrote:
comradec wrote:Well said, Seye. It's the fat cats at the top of the company and in the banking sector who are responsible for this problem, not the ordinary workers on the shop floor.

Actually the bank pulled the plug on Sound Control. The directors were trying to get private investment in to save jobs but the Bank of Scotland pulled the plug on them before they could
In all fairness I think all of us inside the company know exactly where people should be pointing fingers. I wish there was a way of punishing people for corporate negligence leading to the collapse of a company.

We all knew where the company was haemmorraging money. We kept saying it but no one listened. There was no excuse for things getting this bad.

Its a bit late for that now though. I cant see the point in dwelling on it.

As I say, I'd just like people to spare a thought for all those who have been made redundant with no notice.

at cats at the top of the company and in the banking sector who are responsible for this problem, not the ordinary workers on the shop floor.
the irony is that those fat cats on the top they will be awarded some award or another for their services in finance sector and the growth of UK economy at some point, regardless of the billions of money and they thousands of jobs that deliberately lost...remember me!
thomomatic
Regular

Re: Sound Control + Turnkey go into administration... *DELETED*

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Advertising and self promotion breach, and just generally in bad taste bearing the nature of this thread.

Take this as a warning..................and I never give two.

Post deleted by Zukan
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby comradec » Thu May 01, 2008 3:53 pm

SMOKYB3 wrote:
You could go to Dolphin Music but better still pick up the 'phone and dial ***** ****** for **********! They will accept any Sound Control money off vouchers you may have AND give you 10 months interest free credit with the backing of The Arts Council!

This, from someone who has never posted before, is just exploitative advertising.

And when did the Arts Council start backing interest free credit schemes? Bullshit.

Edited to remove self promotional contact details from the quote.
comradec
Frequent Poster
Steve Cooke http://soundcloud.com/stevecooke

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Skyline....2 words...BROADBAND INTERNET!
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:59 pm

TAKE IT AWAY SCHEME....Look it up!
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby Ian Stewart » Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 pm

comradec wrote:

And when did the Arts Council start backing interest free credit schemes? Bullshit.

Its here Arts council scheme

This is for information only - I am not going off topic and explain why I really dislike the Arts council.
Ian Stewart
Frequent Poster

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:03 pm

I don't think we should give too much sympathy to the directors....they never did when they destroyed local music stores when they were flush with RBS's money!
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby onesecondglance » Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 pm

SMOKYB3 wrote:TAKE IT AWAY SCHEME....Look it up!

this does not excuse the fact that it is, as was pointed out, a post designed to capitalise on another company's misfortune.

most of the people here have been well-mannered enough to think first of the employees who have been affected by this before their profit margins. it's a shame you clearly can't. :x
onesecondglance
Frequent Poster

Postby Steve Hill » Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm

There are enough emotions around at the moment so I'm assuming SmokyB3 as a new member is not familiar with the rules on advertising here (which he signed up to a few minutes ago...) and will instead just extend a warm welcome.

As a generality, all posters can assume that all forum members can find alternative suppliers for their needs in future, in the unlikely event that they were not already aware of several!

And actually that Arts Council deal probably is worth a bit of a mention... I had not heard of that particular use of taxpayers' funds before now.
Steve Hill
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm

No...I'm with Dolphin on this one. Business is business.
And I certainly shan't shed any tears over Sound Controls downfall! They won't be the last this year that's for sure!
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby comradec » Thu May 01, 2008 4:18 pm

SMOKYB3 wrote:No...I'm with Dolphin on this one. Business is business.
And I certainly shan't shed any tears over Sound Controls downfall! They won't be the last this year that's for sure!

In which case I hope you're the next one.

Business is business, that's true, but this is not a forum for advertising.

The tears to be shed are for the many workers who've been thrown out of work by this debacle, not for the company as such. Lots of families will be badly affected by this, but all you can think about is the potential for personal/business gain.
comradec
Frequent Poster
Steve Cooke http://soundcloud.com/stevecooke

Postby onesecondglance » Thu May 01, 2008 4:22 pm

comradec wrote:Lots of families will be badly affected by this, but all you can think about is the potential for personal/business gain.

well said.
onesecondglance
Frequent Poster

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Thu May 01, 2008 4:22 pm

more to the point, advertising and self promotion are specifically prohibited in the forum rules to which each member has to actively agree prior to being able to post here.

as such..... any retailers seeking to make capital out of the unfortunate demise of the markets largest player, by posting here, and in these threads specifically, is going to do nowt but earn the despite of many users hereabouts.... NOT a clever plan...

(and one that will very quickly lead to being banned form the site)
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby The muso » Thu May 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Musicworld just made it onto my list of people never to buy anything from.
Good job SmokyB3.
The muso
Poster

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:31 pm

Comradec,

As has already been said many times it IS a shame for the employees as is always the case. But I didn't see any sympathy for the thousands of employees that were laid off because of Sound Controls ruthless aggresion with RBS's money! Not to mention music store owners who lost literally everything when a Sound Control put them out of business!
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby John Willett » Thu May 01, 2008 4:32 pm

I always found Sound Control staff to be excellent when I went over to various branches to do training.

I wish them all the best in the world - I was in the same boat myself in the '80's when REW closed.

This is a sad day for the industry. :frown:
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:35 pm

John,

As I was in the 70's....but thankfully employees are better protected these days!
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby SMOKYB3 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Comradec

Good, now we have got the introductions out the way do you or other muso's think this may be the beginning of the end of supermarket, one size fits all, corprate music retailing?
SMOKYB3
Poster

Postby directresolution.com » Thu May 01, 2008 4:43 pm

no
directresolution.com
Regular

PreviousNext