You are here

Cubase Import video issue

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Cubase Import video issue

Postby DarrenSw » Fri May 02, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi all

I'm loading several video clips, probably totalling 1 hour or so, into Cubase SX3 and then using the Play Order function to play them.

All is well apart from when I load some clips in, the Quicktime player simply freezes on the last successfully played clip. The player freezes not Cubase. If I then delete the offending clip its fine again, even if I mute the folder containing the offending clip.

Now, before you say don't use that clip, its completely random... there are 12 clips total in the project and I have tried importing clips in different order and its never one particular clip that causes the problem nor specifically a time reached, at least I don't think so. Is there a limit on video time? Is there something I need to set?

I could use Direct Video player but that only ever plays the first clip then does not change when you move within the project to the next Play Order section - Bug??. Windows Video Player is not the same quality as Quicktime and so don't want to use that if possible.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Many thanks

Darren
DarrenSw
Regular

Re: Cubase Import video issue

Postby Matt Houghton » Thu May 08, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm afraid there was a known problem (on PC only) with Quicktime format videos in SX3. It caused me untold headaches for a while. If memory serves right, it occurs only when the thumbnails are being previewed so untick that option to see if it makes things work any better. I'm not sure if it was fixed in one of the updates or not, but it seems to work fine in C4.
Matt Houghton
Frequent Poster
SOS Reviews Editor

Re: Cubase Import video issue

Postby DarrenSw » Fri May 09, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks Matt

The problem seemed to have been in the FPS rate I was using... I was using 23.97 which was a standard set by my decoder, but not on the list in Cubase when setting up the project... I changed my rendering engine to set FPS at 25 and since then, touch wood, all has been fine!

Regards

Darren
DarrenSw
Regular