You are here

cheap second hand hardware sequencers for drums/bass lines etc

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

cheap second hand hardware sequencers for drums/bass lines etc

Postby Joe_caithness » Sun May 04, 2008 5:04 pm

hello, I am loving getting bargain bits of midi triggered gear right now, and am looking into to setting up a bit of a MIDI masterpiece out of cheap stuff on ebay etc for fun as I am a total dork.

I have noticed a few times on ebay you can get little units which you can programme a few sequences into and thats it..

anyone know good ones I can pick up for near to nothing, maybe Ill pick up a few, have em all linked via MIDI and run different loops of each, and edit and perform on the fly along side my synths and drum machines

one day I would like to perform live using no computers :)
Joe_caithness
Regular

Re: cheap second hand hardware sequencers for drums/bass lines etc

Postby Arpangel » Sun May 04, 2008 6:24 pm

Alesis MMT8, cheap, easy to use, and great for live work, with it's many buttons you can punch "on the fly"

Tony.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: cheap second hand hardware sequencers for drums/bass lines etc

Postby Sarge » Sun May 04, 2008 6:31 pm

Yamaha QX series of sequencers. Especially the QX5fd which had a floppy drive built into it.
Kawai Q80
Roland MC series

Alesis Mmt8 is very good especially for improvising in pattern mode. Seriously needs a back up solution as the power supply was problematic leading to sometimes wiping the memory of contents. Oh and the buttons can be temperamental so check before buying.
Sarge
Poster