You are here

Where can i download free multitracks?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Where can i download free multitracks?

Postby Jonny Duddle » Mon May 05, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi,

im currently studying music tech, and we have started to mix and master multitrack recordings.

This is not my best area of work, so to practice, i was wondering if anyone had any links to websites that i could get free full multitrack songs i could mix on cubase.

i know they exist, as we have practiced on multitracks our teacher downloaded, but i have no idea where he got them from.

any ideas would be appreciated,

cheers
Jonny Duddle
Regular

Re: Where can i download free multitracks?

Postby Adji » Mon May 05, 2008 2:28 pm

the only decent free one that i know of (others may know of other software) is Audacity which is total freeware. Type Audacity into google and the link is something like audacity.sourceforge
Adji
Regular

Postby Jonny Duddle » Mon May 05, 2008 2:33 pm

ner, i have the softwear, i want actual songs, split up into their origional tracks for mixing. again, i know they exist, just no idea where to find them
Jonny Duddle
Regular

Postby Adji » Mon May 05, 2008 2:37 pm

ah right sorry i get you, no i have no idea how to do that but if im right i think it is called demultiplexing? Honestly not sure though, sorry i cant be of more help.
Adji
Regular

Postby narcoman » Mon May 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Adji wrote:ah right sorry i get you, no i have no idea how to do that but if im right i think it is called demultiplexing? Honestly not sure though, sorry i cant be of more help.

that would not be possible my love......

NIN have pseudo multis available - they are processed though.
narcoman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Battenburg to the power of 20 - said by Richie Royale in a moment of genius. 4pm. Wed 16th Nov 2011. Remember where you were....

Postby Jonny Duddle » Mon May 05, 2008 2:42 pm

well in lessons, we did have full multitracks of artists... i was just wondering if anyone would know what they were or where to get them...
Jonny Duddle
Regular

Postby Mowens800 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Jonny Duddle wrote:
i know they exist, as we have practiced on multitracks our teacher downloaded, but i have no idea where he got them from.

cheers

Ask him where he got them from? Post up the links here as it would be useful for others.

I googled and found some a while ago, but they were in mp3 format, so not the best starting file.

http://www.recording-microphones.co.uk/session-master.shtml

Also some software comes with tutorials, I know Cubase 4 had some files which could be used to mix with.

The other alternative is to ask bands you are friends of and any local studios if they could send you some projects to practice with. This might not happen due to copyright and getting the permission of everyone involved, but is worth a shot.

You could even ask the studio if you could sit in on a mix and see how they build things up.
Mowens800
Regular

Postby Jonny Duddle » Mon May 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks anyway, ill look into it, and if i find a link, ill post it

cheers
Jonny Duddle
Regular

Postby James Perrett » Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 am

I'll lock this thread because there's an identical one from the same poster in the Music Recording Technology section.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page