You are here

Grado SR-60

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Grado SR-60

Postby _.jk._ » Tue May 06, 2008 2:03 am

Has anyone used a pair? I've got a pair on their way, I have only heard good things!

James
_.jk._
Regular

Re: Grado SR-60

Postby Comet » Tue May 06, 2008 1:07 pm

A friend of mine has the SR60s, and I have had many chances to use them in his studio, they are a good pair of cans although not so popular I guess. They sound natural and detailed, and infinitely better than my closed-cup MDRV700s. Quite light and comfortable to wear for long sessions too.

Wouldn't be suitable for tracking as they're open cans and sound will spill, and they won't give you any sort of noise isolation either. But for monitoring purposes in a quiet room they're very good expecially at that price. Just handle them genetly as they seem rather flimsy where the headband attaches to the cup.
Comet
New here

H.

Postby Boxferret » Tue May 06, 2008 7:46 pm

I've used these for years, very accurate but not sold as 'reference'. They're usually found in hi-fi shops but don't let that put you off. Not good for over dubbing as they're open, but I've mixed two albums on them (when I lived in a flat) and the mixes sound perfect on proper monitors. Watch the bass however, you'll probably add too much as open cans are a bit bass light. The foam muffs wear out after a while but spares are available.
Boxferret

Postby Jadoube » Tue May 06, 2008 10:22 pm

I love mine. They sound so musical and I find them very useful as a reference monitor. I can almost mix exclusively on them. I can wear them all day. I like them better than my AKGs, Sonys (ACK! PUKE!), Fostex, Beyers... anything else I have used basically. As mentioned, they have no isolation... so tracking can be an issue. But they sound sooooo goood!
Jadoube
Regular
David

Postby _.jk._ » Tue May 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Ah they sound perfect! I want them mainly for mixing, as my speakers are just passive Aiwa's...which as you can imagine, don't give the best representation of the sound! Can't wait!

James
_.jk._
Regular