You are here

Samples

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Samples

Postby SamJC » Tue May 06, 2008 6:52 pm

Hey I have been looking at buying some string and brass samples, was wondering if people had any really good sample sets to recommend or bad ones to stay away from. Obvisously price is a bit of an issue but im willing to spend 100 pounds for each set if i buy them at the same time or a bit more if i buy one set this month and then another next pay check :lol: anyway any feedback will be greatly appreciated, cheers

samjc
SamJC

Re: Samples

Postby rmidijingles » Tue May 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Well, I'm not sure how high quality they really are objectively, but Reason comes with the Orkester soundbank and it includes a ton of stuff - horns, strings, woodwinds, percussion, and combinations thereof, etc - that you use with the NN-XT sampler. They're multisamples and are velocity sensitive, and though it may be because of my inexperience, I think they sound pretty darned good.

You can get 3.0 for 200 bucks u.s. if you're a student, maybe less, and you can use the entire program as a giant VST if you use Cubase or whatever.

I don't mean to sound like a Reason commercial - it's just all I got and thought it might fit what you're looking for.
rmidijingles
Poster