You are here

basic recording facility anyone?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

basic recording facility anyone?

Postby dubchemist » Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm

hey SOS,Im brand new to this site and forum, I have a limited knoledge of the whole recording field technicalitys but i wish to know this-what can i use to record anything that goes through my soundcard? so i can record anything from radio to blog mixes onto hard disc..I currently have a numark dj/io SC. Do i need hardware or is there any software thats user friendly.I want to start DJing properly and have found most other sites and forums very unhelpful. Any light on this issue would be much appreciated. thanks
dubchemist

Re: basic recording facility anyone?

Postby EnlightenedHand » Wed May 07, 2008 6:24 pm

A simple computer audio interface like an mbox or a firebox or something like that can be used as your recording device. If you want it to be the sound card for your computer it can fill in for those duties as well. Just throwing out some ideas.

Liz
EnlightenedHand
Frequent Poster

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Wed May 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Provided you use it wihtin the bounds of copyright law, try looking up Audio hijack.
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby Colin J Morris » Wed May 07, 2008 6:58 pm

Your Numark i/o is a fine enough place to start. It gives you a stereo in and stereo out as far as I know. It's also ASIO equipped for low latency.

So you don't "need" a new interface, unless your requirements change.

all the best

Colin
Colin J Morris
Regular

=http://www.colinjmorris.com

Postby dubchemist » Wed May 07, 2008 7:45 pm

thanks guys.so its just a matter of setting up audio hijack and pressing record-almost?? :)
dubchemist

Postby benniferj » Wed May 07, 2008 11:08 pm

yeah. just bear in mind that if something isnt up for download then it might well be illegal to rip it off of a site.
benniferj
Regular