You are here

F.A.O. Small/Independent Suppliers affected by the Sound Control Collapse.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

F.A.O. Small/Independent Suppliers affected by the Sound Control Collapse.

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Wed May 07, 2008 9:39 pm

In the light of recent events , relating to the collapse of the Sound control group, it is apparent that many small , independent suppliers may be having difficulty addressing the question of assessment of remaining liabilities, stock ownership and so on... by way of a lack of Uk based representation, or simply a lackof people on the ground...

SOS forums would be happy to assist in any way practicable...

As such, we will be somewhat relaxing our normal zero tolerance policy regarding what might otherwise be construed as positions vacant adverts, or similar .... (See , for example, Michiel Post's recent thread)

Anyone wanting to contact the forum membership at large with a view to seeking assistance in managing their exposure to loss relating to the Sound-control / Turnkey group collapse... may do so with the Administrations blessing... (but do please keep it to the point, this is not a back door promotional avenue)

Likewise we would actively encourage our membership to offer whatever assistance they can to those that need it... many are really only one or two man operations, and significant losses resulting from an event like this could seriously damage their long term prospects ..... or even take them down as well, as collateral damage.

We would also like to encourage co-operation amongst "the little guys" . it's possible that more of you may benefit to a greater degree by combining whatever available resources there are to address the situation regarding stock not yet paid for, and still held title to..

This may all well be too little, too late, But it is the in spirit of community on which this forum was founded, and We would sincerely hope that some small measure of good may come of it.

Anyone wishing to offer assistance or services discretely is welcome to PM me, or any other member of the team, and and I'm sure we'll pass on messages happily, but you may also do so in public in this thread... or in direct response to requests made in public.

here's hoping some of you salvage more than you might have done.

Best regards
Max!
SOS forum moderation team.
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

HELP FOR Small/Independent Suppliers affected by the Sound Control Collapse.

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Thu May 08, 2008 8:58 am

Last night I received a PM from one of the larger distributors currently stock taking their goods at S/C
offering to help out those not ina position to do so where possible.

any of the suppliers in the same position as , for example PMI, should PM me today for details.

time IS of the essence .
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Re: F.A.O. Small/Independent Suppliers affected by the Sound Control Collapse.

Postby forumuser641856 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Max,
Thanks for the support and tolerance policy in this.
Pleople who want to visit stores and can help counting stock are welcome to contact me at +3120 4041 687 or mpost@xs4all.nl

I also invite other suppliers of the SC-Group to contact me, we can share forces and save time and money.

Thanks again,
Michiel Post
forumuser641856
New here