You are here

Best connections for these?!

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Best connections for these?!

Postby Pitchfork » Thu May 08, 2008 5:42 pm

I have a Mac G5 running PTLE, Logic 8 and Live 7 with an original Mbox and an 828mk2

I have my speakers (Adam A7's) coming out of the 828mk2 main outs to monitor everything..

I also have a Pc with a Fast Track Pro (spdif on this) and a CDJ200 CD player (spdif) all to record into the Mac/PT/Live 7

But when I want to use Protools, with the mbox, obviously I can't hear anything due to the speakers being attached to the 828mk2, so whats the best way to connect PT/Mbox to the 828mk2?

I think its via spdif, but when i select the mbox to output via spdif to the 828mk2 my "clock" flashes on the 828 and I dont get any sound? i

My 828 is set to CLOCK SOURCE _ SPDIF,

I just didnt want to go out and buy a mixer just for 2 inputs to one set of speakers! Can I daisy chain spdif and does it degrade the quality? or as its digital will it always be ok?
Pitchfork
Frequent Poster

Re: Best connections for these?!

Postby Mel David » Fri May 09, 2008 5:59 am

I don't really have any experience with using multiple interfaces at once but have you tried setting one as clock master and one as slave?
Mel David
New here