You are here

Missing SOS Past Issues on WebArchive.org

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Missing SOS Past Issues on WebArchive.org

Postby mmathieu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Hello and help !!!

I'm still resolutely trying to find (that is, PURCHASE) old SOS mags previous to 1998.

For example, I am searching for Paul White's December 1993 review of the Mackie 8 bus mixing console.

As of this date, I have not seen this or other mags in this time frame on the archive site or at other links.

Any help would be appreciated and I'd be pleased to donate $$$ or scannable old mags because I would be plesed to aid anyone who is maintaining archives of old (including ANCIENT) recording and pro audio magazines -- (e.g., Studio Sound, anyone?).

Marc Mathieu
("retired" Pres. of Advanced Audio Engineering, Inc.)
Los Angeles
mmathieu
New here

Postby desmond » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:02 pm

mmathieu wrote:I'm still resolutely trying to find (that is, PURCHASE) old SOS mags previous to 1998.

mmathieu wrote:For example, I am searching for Paul White's December 1993 review of the Mackie 8 bus mixing console.
As of this date, I have not seen this or other mags in this time frame on the archive site or at other links.

They come up on ebay from time to time...

Here's one available now:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sound-On-Sound-Magazine-December-1993-Volume-9-issue-2-Yamaha-VL1-Emu-Morpheus/223479869322?hash=item3408702f8a:g:-jwAAOSwo~dcXzRq

If SOS can't provide a copy of that article for you (please ask them first), then PM me and I can help you out.

mmathieu wrote:Any help would be appreciated and I'd be pleased to donate $$$ or scannable old mags because I would be plesed to aid anyone who is maintaining archives of old (including ANCIENT) recording and pro audio magazines -- (e.g., Studio Sound, anyone?).

Well, I'm not sure about *ancient* (I go back to 1975 at this point) but there is already an (almost) complete archive of Studio Sound here:
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Studio-Sound.htm
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby mmathieu » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:01 am

Thanks, Desmond. I'll check out that link.

I should know how to request a copy of an article because I did so in the past. I'll have to research that option because an electronic copy would, of course, do quite niceley.

Thanks again for your post, D.

Marc.
mmathieu
New here