You are here

What future music tech/ software do you want to see ?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: What future music tech/ software do you want to see ?

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Just a computer that doesn't crash, ever. Not much to ask, surely? (Logic just crashed my Mac completely so this thread sprang to mind.)
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Freedom of speech means freedom to offend

Postby OneWorld » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:16 am

James Perrett wrote:
You've almost described the Frontier Tranzport. It is a pity they stopped making them.

The people that made the Tranzport (Mountain something were they called?) made some really good products, but maybe it's their marketing. I had the Tranzport and used it a lot, what was missing for me was an undo button. But it was very well made, installed in seconds, always worked flawlessy
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:46 am

All cables including electricity are wireless and work perfectly
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:50 am

An app that can scan whiskey bottles and tell you if the current batch has reached that elusive Nectar Of The Gods status.
(This falls under the topic of inspiration to describe this threads subject heading!)
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:54 am

ManFromGlass wrote:An app that can scan whiskey bottles and tell you if the current batch has reached that elusive Nectar Of The Gods status.
Isn't that called your nose?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Humble Bee » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:55 am

jaminem wrote:Just a simple 'lefthand' transport controller with no features at all other than play, stop, record, loop and a large balanced scrub wheel (a bit like an old Akai S2000), where the emphasis is on ergonomics - nice (i.e. not rubber) latching buttons, preferably wireless. Maybe with wooden end cheeks and a wrist rest.

I don't want or need all those other features and dervices like the faderports buttons are too small, the CMC's are too rubber and the others come attached to a huge midi mixer thing....

Me to I want this...

And a mini inline console without preamps like the SSL X-Desk but cheaper... or the little one Audient made a few years back (focusrite sold it as well under their name)

http://www.mixingtable.com/x-desk-lux

Sigh...
Humble Bee
Regular

Postby Logarhythm » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:13 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:An app that can scan whiskey bottles and tell you if the current batch has reached that elusive Nectar Of The Gods status.
(This falls under the topic of inspiration to describe this threads subject heading!)
This is probably doable, if the market was large enough to merit the investment.
There is a lot of interest in the authenticity of high-value alcoholic drinks, and this has led to development of various methods for analysing their composition quickly and easily - the same techniques could be fairly readily adapted to look for particular levels of various compounds and compare these against a reference database to decide when it's "ready", and it'd probably be fairly simple to define a profile for your own particular preferences.
Something like this linked up to a partner app would do pretty much what you're looking for: http://www.perkinelmer.co.uk/product/torion-t-9-portable-gc-ms-instrument-ntsst090500
"Portable" is relative of course ;)
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:04 pm

blinddrew wrote:
Isn't that called your nose?

Seems they call the police when one is sitting on the floor surrounded by open bottles in the liquor store!
(Notice I didn't go for the more obvious phallus comments. Gold star to me!) (you haven't seen my nose)
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Give yourself a pat on the back. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Wonks » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:22 am

blinddrew wrote:Give yourself a pat on the back. :)
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Postby paul tha other » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:53 am

id like all the guys the make daw's to get together and work out a way that all the projects will load in any daw..ie load a logic project in cubase with no faffing about...

this also got me thinking,,isnt midi amazing....im sure there are other examples but i cant think of anything like it...its the only thing in this music caper that they decided heres the rules and everyone went ok and has stuck to them..no one has come out with their own version of it , to my knowlege
paul tha other
Frequent Poster
http://www.myspace.com/onemanandalaptop

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:37 am

Wonks - :thumbup: btw you knew I biked!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:47 pm

paul tha other wrote:id like all the guys the make daw's to get together and work out a way that all the projects will load in any daw..ie load a logic project in cubase with no faffing about...

What's needed is an audio equivalent of MusicXML to act as an interchange format between DAWs. Be great if it existed, doesn't look as if anyone is giving any thought to it at all. :(

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything at all.

Postby My Own Silence » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:01 am

Decent headphones that sound as good as monitors - lots of flavours of this around but I don't like them yet. Don't need to be expensive either - just something close that doesn't cost a bomb!

A way to make everything wireless with real low latency and no signal loss (ie digital)

Console/Tape emulation built into Logic. Harrison makes mix bus. Something like this for the other DAWs.

A complete laptop with build in preamps etc - basically a Baby-face Pro built into a laptop. This won't happen due to the variety of kit out there. Although I think if Apple built a Mac like this it would be nice - but it won't happen.

A virtual guitar controller. So you can play guitar with no sound and listen on headphones. I wonder if there is anything like this? Like a sort of strum detector and chord detector.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
My Own Silence
Regular

Previous