You are here

What future music tech/ software do you want to see ?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: What future music tech/ software do you want to see ?

Postby paul tha other » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:53 am

id like all the guys the make daw's to get together and work out a way that all the projects will load in any daw..ie load a logic project in cubase with no faffing about...

this also got me thinking,,isnt midi amazing....im sure there are other examples but i cant think of anything like it...its the only thing in this music caper that they decided heres the rules and everyone went ok and has stuck to them..no one has come out with their own version of it , to my knowlege
paul tha other
Frequent Poster
http://www.myspace.com/onemanandalaptop

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Wonks - :thumbup: btw you knew I biked!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby ConcertinaChap » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:47 pm

paul tha other wrote:id like all the guys the make daw's to get together and work out a way that all the projects will load in any daw..ie load a logic project in cubase with no faffing about...

What's needed is an audio equivalent of MusicXML to act as an interchange format between DAWs. Be great if it existed, doesn't look as if anyone is giving any thought to it at all. :(

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
We are normal and we want our freedom!.

Postby My Own Silence » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:01 am

Decent headphones that sound as good as monitors - lots of flavours of this around but I don't like them yet. Don't need to be expensive either - just something close that doesn't cost a bomb!

A way to make everything wireless with real low latency and no signal loss (ie digital)

Console/Tape emulation built into Logic. Harrison makes mix bus. Something like this for the other DAWs.

A complete laptop with build in preamps etc - basically a Baby-face Pro built into a laptop. This won't happen due to the variety of kit out there. Although I think if Apple built a Mac like this it would be nice - but it won't happen.

A virtual guitar controller. So you can play guitar with no sound and listen on headphones. I wonder if there is anything like this? Like a sort of strum detector and chord detector.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
My Own Silence
Regular

Previous