You are here

What is the modern equivalent to the reel to reel?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: What is the modern equivalent to the reel to reel?

Postby John Willett » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:29 am

The Elf wrote:
John Willett wrote:THIS is the link to the Samplitude offer.

£149.99 instead of the normal £1,047.99.

BUT - offer expires on the 28th Jan. - so, if you want it, you need to do it NOW !
Is this ONLY an upgrade from an earlier version, John? TBH I'd pay this to have use of Soundforge!

Sound Forge is the complete version and the one I bought earlier is the full version of Samplitude.
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Postby Dynamic Mike » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 am

Mike Stranks wrote:... it should be a progressive journey, not a welter of well-meant advice that can sometimes be contradictory, irrelevant or too much detail too soon....

... one step at a time... :)

With respect the guy can use an analogue desk & edit on a reel to reel. He's not 6 or retarded, he's just a bit behind the times with the modern alternatives. I don't see anything but helpful advice posted with good intent by well meaning people. I don't see why you'd want to stifle more of that forthcoming?
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Non-partisan suggestion for Stroke City: Donderry 

Postby simontl » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:35 am

Another option is the Soundcraft Ui24R. With a USB stick or SSD it has multitrack recording. Or attach a computer with a DAW as other options have included. Control is done with a phone, tablet, PC or a screen via HDMI. Browser controlled (HTML5) rather an app. Worth a look.
simontl

Previous