You are here

Sonifex - Praise where Praise is Due

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Sonifex - Praise where Praise is Due

Postby Brian M Rose » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:58 pm

We have a very old Sonifex HY-01 Telephone Hybrid in our redundant stores at Radio Harrow (apart from those in use in the studios). I sent an email to Sonifex asking if they had a copy of the old manual. By return, Senior Test Engineer Mark Chappell photographed it and sent it to me.
That is frankly service well beyond what is normal. It's really no surprise that it's hard to find a Broadcast studio that doesn't have at least ONE piece of Sonifex equipment. Well Done!
Brian Rose
OB and Events Manager
Radio Harrow
www.radioharrow.org
Brian M Rose
Regular

Re: Sonifex - Praise where Praise is Due

Postby Dave B » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Big thumbs up for Sonifex. :)

What is depressing is that this isn't standard practice throughout the industry. When cutting corners / costs, support is often slashed as the product build quality goes down, so it's a double blow for us users. But good to know that some people still take it seriously!
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby John Willett » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 am

There are *some* manufacturers / distributors that have good customer service as a high priority - unfortunately, not enough.
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Postby Brian M Rose » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Exactly the same sort of thing is happening over at the Guild of Television Camera Professionals forum. Yes, companies who 'go that extra mile' tend to do well in the long run. You can go to the 'cheapest' source, but then you learn what happens when things go wrong; and that can end up being very, very expensive.
Even though I'm a volunteer at a Hospital/Community radio station I still consider myself to be a professional - I suppose almost 50 years in the film and television industry sets that level.
In fact, with some 200 Hospital Radio Stations, and goodness only knows how many Community stations there are out there, the voluntary sector is pretty important. That's why it's so comforting to have equally professional suppliers out there.
Brian Rose
Radio Harrow
Brian M Rose
Regular