You are here

Audient id14 not powering Neumann TLM 103, but Focusrite 2i2 will....

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Audient id14 not powering Neumann TLM 103, but Focusrite 2i2 will....

Postby John Willett » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:06 pm

TRUMPETSIZZLE wrote:Well Hugh I don't see anyone from Audient responding here.

Audient replied above saying:-

Hello there,

It's is of course extremely disappointing to hear that you've had this experience so far with your iD14.

Apologies we weren't able to take your call. As we are based just outside of London in the UK, the time difference meant we will have most likely been outside of the office when your call came through.

Can I check with you through which channel you tried to contact us on? I checked with our support team here and we don't appear to have received any correspondance from yourself. If for any reason messages are going missing in our system, we'd like to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Would you be able to contact us using the following link: https://support.audient.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you are able to provide contact details. I'm sure we can arrange a time to give you a call and get to the bottom of this for you.

Again, apologies that you've had a poor experience so far but we'd love to put things right for you if given the chance.

-Daniel

Technical Support Manager
Audient Ltd

Didn't you see it. ???

It's 7 posts before this one.

They said they did not receive any e-mail from you and the call you made could have been after office hours in the UK.

They were very helpful inter reply to you.

And - I just noticed they posted again in the post before this one.

Good Customer Support IMHO.
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
President - Federation Internationale des Chasseurs de Sons

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:20 pm

TRUMPETSIZZLE wrote:Well Hugh I don't see anyone from Audient responding here.

Look again! It seems everyone else managed to see it! But here it is again to save you the effort of scrolling back a bit...

Audient wrote:Hello there,

It is of course extremely disappointing to hear that you've had this experience so far with your iD14.

Apologies we weren't able to take your call. As we are based just outside of London in the UK, the time difference meant we will have most likely been outside of the office when your call came through.

Can I check with you through which channel you tried to contact us on? I checked with our support team here and we don't appear to have received any correspondence from yourself. If for any reason messages are going missing in our system, we'd like to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Would you be able to contact us using the following link: https://support.audient.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you are able to provide contact details. I'm sure we can arrange a time to give you a call and get to the bottom of this for you.

Again, apologies that you've had a poor experience so far but we'd love to put things right for you if given the chance.

- Daniel

Technical Support Manager
Audient Ltd

BTW, they've also posted again reiterating their support and how to reach them effectively.

Why do I get the feeling you have some interest in this company beyond a fellow forum poster? Dealer? You resell on Ebay? Have friends at Audient?

Oh dear. Might I suggest you look at my posting signature? :wave:

My interest is accuracy, balance, and fairness of all posts on this forum. That's part of my job. And yes, I know the guys at Audient. I know at least some of the guys (and ladies) at most pro-audio manufacturers all around the world... that comes with my job too!

In this case, I contacted the guys at Audient directly ON YOUR BEHALF to make them aware of the problem you were having and to try and speed up a resolution. Really glad I bothered to do that for you now... :roll:

However, to try and keep this thread as positive and supportive as possible, can I respectfully suggest you dial back the aggression and the misplaced assumptions, and take the time properly to read the responses from all those on this forum and elsewhere that are trying to help you?

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Peevy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:16 pm

TRUMPETSIZZLE wrote: (Even his name shouts)

Well Hugh I don't see anyone from Audient responding here. I didn't get any response via phone or email either. At the very least, I didn't get addressed by my name.
My criticism was not in the least bit harsh. In fact, anybody who knows me knows I was being very very gentle and left out profanity.
Why do I get the feeling you have some interest in this company beyond a fellow forum poster? Dealer? You resell on Ebay? Have friends at Audient?
Either way, please don't post any more regarding how wonderful Audient is because they are NOT!
My phone didn't ring and my email box is empty.
When a company like Audient behaves as they did, I take the gloves off.
I was considering leaving a review on my channel. Consider me the E.F. HUTTON of my world and at least 50,000 musicians worldwide will listen when i speak.
was just like you and audient, but now, After thousands of dollars in lost sales, I bet they are rethinking how intransigent their actions were to me. And my review of them is the permanent gift that will keep on giving.
No more inflated compliments about Audient, but if you do, expect to see a scathing review on Youtube which this forum has no control of!!!!!!!!!

Audient would be better off without you as a customer. Take a chill pill or go rant somewhere else.
Peevy
Poster

Postby Urthlupe » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:30 pm

:headbang:

Oh dear Mr Sizzle.... maybe have a long hard look at what a di*k you’re making of yourself before your next post....

... and, abs love the stuff about ‘50,000 musicians worldwide listening when you speak’, :beamup:

Wonderful.....

Loopy
Urthlupe
Regular

Postby Urthlupe » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Hang in their Robjohns..... :bouncy:
Urthlupe
Regular

Postby Watchmaker » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:34 pm

On behalf of sane Americans, I would like to apologize for my fellow countryman. He IS from Texas after all. Please rest assured there are six Americans left with grace and humor. Most of us are in NY, the others are on sabbatical with the Pashtuns at an undisclosed location doing research into field recordings of hermetic students of arboreal wildife.
Watchmaker
Regular
"one feels most reassured hearing an expert's opinions on the matter..."

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 pm

:bouncy:
Hugh Robjohns

Postby Terrible.dee » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:06 am

Hmm, I have stood up for Audient in the past as I own a few of their interfaces and consider them to be the best I have ever owned,

Conversely, I am not a dedicated follower of any brand. I am a songwriter signed to a significant label who is fairly well known and does excellent business, as such I contacted Audient prior to their release of the new ID44 and expressed my concern that they were going in the wrong direction with the product. I told them there were a couple of tweaks that would make it appeal to a much wider audience and become a "Must have" for many, they didn't listen, SO I'M NOT BUYING ONE...period (These weren't just things that would have appealed to me only, they were reasonable tweaks that would have benefitted all customers and added little cost to produce the unit)

I never had a hard time getting a hold of them, I remember when I needed to know the workaround to the weird behavior on outs 3&4 of the ID22, they got back to me with detailed instructions,

I remember when I wanted to daisy chain my ID22 and ID14 (which is basically the equivalent of an ID44 and less expensive, one of the things I brought to their attention) they got back to me with instructions AND mixer preset files designed specifically for me, I appreciated that,

I fear that they may be suffering from something I've seen from other companies. When a company gets too big too fast they don't have the infrastructure to deal with issues like this, whereas at one time they could deal with everyone personally the requests for their attention become so great that they literally cannot make time to deal with everything.

BUT...That is no excuse if your product doesn't work, I believe that they have a moral obligation to make the situation right, end of story.

I'm assuming that what you bought on Amazon (It was Amazon right?) is still under warranty and everything on that level is on the up and up, the one situation in which I would NOT be on your side is if you were buying a used item that was past its warranty, discovered it didn't work as you hoped and are now saying it's their fault. Under those circumstances, no, it would be YOUR fault.

But I don't see a straight-shooting Texan being like that, so I'll assume you have a covered unit that isn't functioning properly.

In which case...Audient? You need to handle this guy's issue.

Eagerly awaiting the ID66 ;) (Hit me up if you need a re-cap on what the design needs to be, and don't think I don't have some ideas worth hearing, Novation listened to me when designing the Circuit and that worked out all right for them.)
Terrible.dee
Poster

Postby Bob Bickerton » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:34 am

I missed the announcement that it was Open Season on Audient!

Terrible.dee wrote: I am a songwriter signed to a significant label who is fairly well known and does excellent business.......

So what?

Terrible.dee wrote:....... I contacted Audient prior to their release of the new ID44 and expressed my concern that they were going in the wrong direction with the product. I told them there were a couple of tweaks that would make it appeal to a much wider audience and become a "Must have" for many, they didn't listen, SO I'M NOT BUYING ONE...period

So you're saying your opinion is more important than that of the Audient marketing team and because they thought better you SHOUT about not buying one... period! Do you shout with such negativity about every other interface you didn't buy? Or did they bruise your ego?

Terrible.dee wrote:I never had a hard time getting a hold of them

Good, neither would trumpetsizzle if he gave them his contact details, which has been requested several times in this thread.

Terrible.dee wrote:BUT...That is no excuse if your product doesn't work, I believe that they have a moral obligation to make the situation right, end of story.

They are trying very hard to fix the issue - have you not read their responses in this thread?

Terrible.dee wrote:You need to handle this guy's issue.

Sounds like this guy's 'Issue', like your own, is not handleable and I'm not talking about hardware!

As a matter of interest, do you happen to be a resident of the land of fake news as well? There seems to be a temporal distortion over that way just now which is affecting people's ability to be cognisant of reality and facts........

Bob
Bob Bickerton
Frequent Poster (Level2)
http://www.bickerton.co.nz

Postby blinddrew » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:04 am

And everybody just take a moment and breathe...
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby ef37a » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:04 am

Yes, the guy is a complete (part of the anatomy) and we and Audient will be well shot of him.

I do however feel that, in this Modern World we have fabulous cheap even free means of communication and yet it often seems much harder to make a simple contact with a company than it was 30 years ago?

I do not see why all companies cannot have a "first contact" email address prominently displayed on their Home Page?
I have been told this is because The Little Guys do not have the time and staff to deal with the emails. Many companies have an email contact but a robot sends you a confirmation of your question. Costly? Don't think so, my surgery has such a system for confirmation of emailed repeat prescriptions.

I do have to say I think there are many companies that do not want to be bothered with Joe Public and make contact needlessly difficult.

I will give all credit to Amazon. I have had nothing but excellent service from them and the few returns I have made have been easily and swiftly dealt with.
I have two complaints,
1) Boxes are often stupidly oversized and stuff is often in a bag, bagged in another PLASTIC bag,
2) Pay more bloody tax!!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:53 am

blinddrew wrote:And everybody just take a moment and breathe...

Couldn't agree more! It feels a bit like a bandwagon is starting to roll here.

And cut out the negative personal comments please -- it's contrary to the forum rules and not at all helpful to anyone.

H
Hugh Robjohns

Postby James Perrett » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:19 pm

I haven't had to use Audient's support personally but a friend of mine was very impressed when he was able to have a long chat with the designer of one of their old mixing desks. The one bit of kit of theirs that I own was bought as old stock from a dealer. It arrived only partially working but, as I knew the person at the dealer I bought it from, I popped the cover off and found a connector adrift. I am confident that the dealer in question would have sorted things out if I hadn't been able to fix it myself.

I'm likely to be buying more of their kit if things go as expected in the future - it is well designed and works well.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Dan LB » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:13 pm

I've had nothing but excellent support from Audient over the last few years. Very prompt replies once you use the correct channels :thumbup:

Dan
Dan LB
Frequent Poster

Postby TRUMPETSIZZLE » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:48 am

FINAL UPDATE:

Audient did send 2 emails. Never returned my phone call which was quite disappointing. I paid to call and leave a message to England, but...I am the buyer. Woulda bet money they could have returned my call.

In the end my brand new Audient never would work properly. I returned it and was given a refund by the retailer from amazon.

I decided to move up to the big boys and pull the trigger and get the Universal Apollo Twin Duo for windows/usb.
It worked right out of the box!
I bought it brand new from Ebay and saved a few dollars!

Thanks for everyone's input!
TRUMPETSIZZLE
New here

Postby Humble Bee » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:37 am

Good luck with your new interface. Hope you don't have any driver issues. If you do there is a UAD forum where you can post any concerns.

Edit:

Oh, I saw you already did. :thumbup:
Humble Bee
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you're sorted with the Apollo -- it's a great interface.

H
Hugh Robjohns

Postby Bob Bickerton » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:24 am

Oh dear, he’s already claiming the Apollo isn’t working on the UAD forums........

So for the sake of balance, can readers of this thread please note that the likely issues recorded here are more than likely due to operator error!

Audient have a fine reputation which does not deserve to be tarnished by such ego-fuelled imbecilic ranting...... just my opinion of course....

Bob
Bob Bickerton
Frequent Poster (Level2)
http://www.bickerton.co.nz

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

Bob Bickerton wrote:Audient have a fine reputation...

They do, and rightly so, as many other happy customers have already attested in this thread.

But the OP has said (here, at least) that he's happy with his new Apollo, so I think we should draw a neat line under this thread there without casting aspersions, and leave readers to draw their own conclusions!

H
Hugh Robjohns

Postby blinddrew » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 am

No need for this.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

PreviousNext