You are here

Re amping

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re amping

Postby GRAHAM99 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:15 pm

I am trying to re amp using a Pod Pro, Cockos Reaper and an Echo Layla 3G interface.
I record the unprocessed guitar signal OK into Reaper but when I send this signal via one of the interface's outpust into the Pod there is a load of white noise.This noise appears as soon as I plug the Pod into the outputs of the interface.
The Pod has a line level input and a switch to select this input.
Any ideas?
The interface has always been great up to now!!!
GRAHAM99
Regular

Re: Re amping

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Sounds like something amiss with your gain structure. Have you a means of plugging headphones into the AI output (a separate headphone amp maybe or a small mixer?) then another source to send the raw guitar track to the Pod? If you approach it systematically you should be able isolate where the noise is coming from.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: Re amping

Postby pa28 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 pm

I assume you are using a Pod xt Pro? the unprocessed signal outputs from the reamping analogue in/out, not the line out, and is returned to the dedicated reamping line in.
pa28
Regular
Capitalisation is the difference between helping your uncle jack off a horse  & helping your Uncle Jack off a horse.