You are here

Zoom H5 Can you record digitally thru the USB port?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Zoom H5 Can you record digitally thru the USB port?

Postby Fisherxc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:52 pm

ON my Zoom H5 if I select Audio I/F it can hear the signal input from the USB port of my iMac, but nothing happens when I push down the record button.

Is there any way to make a digital recording through the USB port on this device?

Thanks
Fisherxc

Re: Zoom H5 Can you record digitally thru the USB port?

Postby Humble Bee » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:20 pm

You need to open your daw (logic, GarageBand or similar) and record from there by choosing the zoom as your interface in the audio preferences and the zoom inputs on your track in the daw.

I think you got some light version of cubase with the zoom for free. And possibly wavelab as well.
Humble Bee
Regular

Re: Zoom H5 Can you record digitally thru the USB port?

Postby panatrope » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 am

You cannot record USB a digital input to the H5 SD card when it is in Audio Interface mode. Therefore the H5 record button does not work in this mode.

Some of the bigger Zoom multitracks can record from USB inputs (eg., from your DAW) simultaneously with local inputs. Some can record local inputs to SD card and also stream to the DAW. Not the H5.

Unfortunately, it is also not possible to combine playback from SD card with local input for streaming via the USB port when in Audio Interface mode for the H5 and also the F1.

Read the User Guide(s) - especially the USB Audio chapters - very carefully (they are all available on line).
panatrope
New here
Panatrope - pan(Gr): all,everything; tropos(Gr): turn, around; loose translation: all-rounder