You are here

basic S/PDIF interface

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

basic S/PDIF interface

Postby ken long » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:07 am

Hello could you recommend a cheap but reliable S/PDIF USB interface? I don't need any bells and whistles it's only going to be used for S/PDIF in. I was using the M-Audio Profire 610 but that's been discontinued it seems. I need a model which is currently on the market as I may need to scale it up.

Thanks.
ken long
Frequent Poster (Level2)
I'm All Ears.

Re: basic S/PDIF interface

Postby James Perrett » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:26 pm

I've got a Zoom U-44 which does both optical and co-axial SPDIF as well as various analogue connections. They are still on offer for £79 which makes it about the cheapest interface that I can find with a digital input (there seem to be plenty with output only).

I've used it successfully on my laptop with Windows 10 and on my Android tablet.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Re: basic S/PDIF interface

Postby ken long » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:05 am

James Perrett wrote:I've got a Zoom U-44 which does both optical and co-axial SPDIF as well as various analogue connections. They are still on offer for £79 which makes it about the cheapest interface that I can find with a digital input (there seem to be plenty with output only).

I've used it successfully on my laptop with Windows 10 and on my Android tablet.

Thanks, James. That looks perfect!
ken long
Frequent Poster (Level2)
I'm All Ears.