You are here

Zoom H2N Pro - issues?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Zoom H2N Pro - issues?

Postby JR » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 am

Hello I have a newer Zoom H2N Pro
bought it back in August, i love the sound quality. I use it to record videos of myself.
So it is more less Dialogue specific
I use an external mic for it. LAV mic
i plug it direct in back.

Recently in my videos, It still does give me sound . However my sound recording is coming in very quiet. even the bars are quite small.

I use in WAV files.

I want to have top quality sound for Dialogue.

What would be the ideal settings to use?
As well what could be the issue of of level low. I have my MIC level at 100% but still very quiet.

What am i doing wrong? i even do a factory reset.
All the help on this.
Even give me specific settings for everything that give me top sound . that help me diagnose my problem thanks and look to your kind response
JR

Re: Zoom H2N Pro - issues?

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:54 am

Could it be a fault with the mic (make and model)?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: Zoom H2N Pro - issues?

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 am

Check the input mode is set correctly (external mic/line input rather than on-board stereo mics).

Check the recording level is set correctly and that the automatic gain mode is not engaged.

If the external mic has a battery, check that it is in good condition, or if you're using plug-in power from the recorder to power the mic make sure that is switched on.

Test the mic on a different system (eg the mic input of a laptop, for example...)

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound