You are here

Kontakt 5 Player for drums?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Kontakt 5 Player for drums?

Postby OneWorld » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 pm

I am ot sure, but I would double-check that Studio Drummer/Abbey Road can be used with Kontakt Player, but thsat being said I only have Komplete 10, which includes Kontakt.

I like Studio Drummer and Abbey Road, but I found they were rapacious with CPU use, but then I found on the internet that the kits load with full effects and dynamics turned on. I turned those off and the CPU use immediately decreased from somethign like 25% to about 5%

Like other posters I too use Battery, it is really easy to use and customise. Like yourself I too use MT Drums for it's economy of resources and quick access - if only one could import samples, Mr MT Drummer here's a shout out, I for one would buy the product if that facility was added, it's a great product you have.

I have also used BFD, Addictive Drums, Steinberg Groove Agent - all of which are great but for me a little over-sophisticated. I still get perplexed by Groove Agent, why have about half a dozen different ways to load a Kit? etc etc etc
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby garrettendi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Rest assured I have double checked through an exhaustive search on the NI forums.

Studio Drummer definitely runs on Kontakt Player!

EDIT: There are also a couple of YouTube vids showing it in Player. I can post these if anyone would like to see them! :thumbup:
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Postby job » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:25 am

All of NI's Kontakt instruments are libraries, therefore they all work in the Kontakt player.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... -5-player/
job
Regular

Postby John Egan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:07 am

Hi,
I don't know if anyone remembers this but some years ago there was a CD of drum samples by Joey Kramer of Aerosmith. I bought it on a recommendation (by SOS, I think) and have used it a lot since then. It's probably the most cost effective drum solution I have ever bought. Takes a bit of work looping the samples, though.
Regards, John

(edit) I think it might be still available if you search for it.
Regards, John
John Egan
Regular

Previous