You are here

Yamaha service centre

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Yamaha service centre

Postby OneWorld » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Could anyone recommend a reputable company that could service a Yamaha 02R96 in or around the Manchester area?
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Yamaha service centre

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Do you mean service or repair? Servicing implies sorting the mechanical stuff like sockets and faders rather than digging deep into the SMT bits. Either way my first call would be to 'Guitar Amp Doctor' in Oldham (who don't do only guitar amps).

https://www.facebook.com/GuitarAmpDoctor/
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby OneWorld » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:Do you mean service or repair? Servicing implies sorting the mechanical stuff like sockets and faders rather than digging deep into the SMT bits. Either way my first call would be to 'Guitar Amp Doctor' in Oldham (who don't do only guitar amps).

https://www.facebook.com/GuitarAmpDoctor/

I think the fault is electronic, it freezes when first switched on, then seems to be ok after it's warmed up. It needs someone who can get into the guts of a digital mixer
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:48 pm

What does the internal battery checker menu report say? It could well be as simple a problem as replacing the backup battery...
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Or the PSU going bad, Tim (Guitar Amp Doctor) fixed my Roland A90 recently, he discovered the voltage was sagging just enough to trigger a re-boot (something the local Roland service engineer had failed to diagnose).
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby OneWorld » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:What does the internal battery checker menu report say? It could well be as simple a problem as replacing the backup battery...

It says "I'm ok"

As it happens I re-initialised the mixer and things improved significantly. I'd had a go at re-installing the firmware, and after that it went worse!

I would leave it turned on and after a while the "Waiting for data" window opened up, the window when you start the mixer to run the upgrade procedure.

Since I re-initialised the mixer, the problems seem to have gone, it has been turned on for about 6 hours now, I have operated the controls OK, but the issue is I want to sell it and I would not sell it as working 100% if I suspected there was a fault so I reckoned take it to a service centre and get it checked out.

I'd do it myself, well to the extent of opening it up and giving it a good clean but there are more screws holding it together than HMS Dreadnought had rivets
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)