You are here

working with roland vs2480 exported files

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: working with roland vs2480 exported files

Postby Mike Stranks » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 am

Welcome to the SOS Forum chipster! :thumbup:

I don't know if you noticed that the last post before yours in this thread was nearly two years ago. I imagine the original poster has resolved the issue long since.

It's easily done; but always a good idea when about to offer advice to check that it's not an old thread that's quietly sleeping. :)

We look forward to the contributions you'll make to the forum. Welcome again! :clap:
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Re: working with roland vs2480 exported files

Postby chipster » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:54 am

Just another helpful comment for all:

I am aware that many of the posts are old. The problem is that there is actually a small but emerging renaissance in use of the VS-2480, triggered by the ability to replace the hard drive by a solid state drive. With a fair amount of frustration and hassle (with SATA/IDE adapters), I managed that a month ago, and pro tools sits...at least for recording tracks.

SOS is a great archive of valuable info, and remains, while other sources on the web seem to be going away. That is why I posted on 'how' to get WAVs out on the 2488' , despite the original post (OP) being quite old.

Keep in mind that this forum has a wide audience, thanks to search engines, and the Roland site actually, in some circumstances (like 'how to format a drive') has wrong or incomplete info.

As SOS espouses...'ask the user'.

:-)
chipster

Previous