You are here

Mac High Sierra and above avoidance tactics needed

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Mac High Sierra and above avoidance tactics needed

Postby Howdy Doody Time » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:25 am

Well, a couple of items of good news to report. Firstly, and since I had nothing to lose, I backed up the old iMac using Time Machine, and then restored to the just as old but higher spec iMac.

It seems to have worked perfectly. All seems well.

Secondly, the TV repair guy in Rayong - the guy that fixed my 02R96 Power Supply - fixed my Sony A/D Rack Power supply, which had ditched the 5V and kept the +15 and -15V lights on, while smelling very fishy and getting hot very quickly. The unit dates from 1990 so it had done well. He took out the 5V board and replaced a bag full of capacitors and some other things. Now it's all working properly, smell free and cool as a cucumber. :)

But just to put a minor damper on everything, my cat threw my iPad Mini (the one with all my SOS issues (plus Classic Bike and Future Music) on it, off a shelf. I now read the mags through a sieve of broken glass. Oh well.
Howdy Doody Time
Frequent Poster
The only excuse we have for making music in the first place is to make it differently..vis-a-vis our own difference (Glenn Gould)

Previous