You are here

Windows 10 and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (first gen): will they get on?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Windows 10 and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (first gen): will they get on?

Postby voiceoverchap » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 am

Hi

I'm planning on upgrading my Win 7 PC to Windows 10 in the next few weeks. I know that the Focusrite website says that there are no issues with Xin 10 and the 6i6 however I wondered if anyone else with a 6i6 (first generation) had made the jump?

I rely on the 6i6 for voice over work so I'd be keen on avoiding any potential issues that may sideline my PC. Any words of wisdom (apart from 'don't upgrade!' - Win 7 support ends in December 2019) would be welcome.
voiceoverchap
New here
Voiceover Paul Sound Forge Pro 11, Omnisphere, Maschine 2, Waves, Halion Sonic 2 Professional voice over

Re: Windows 10 and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (first gen): will they get on?

Postby Shostakovich » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:22 pm

FWIW I find Win 10 to be superior to earlier versions, more stable, quicker. You'll need to get rid of all the bloatware; live tiles, background apps etc. but once done it's great.
I use Scarlett 2i4 and it's perfect with Win 10, unlike my Tascam 2x2 and KA6 interfaces, both of which had minor but irritating driver issues.
Shostakovich
Regular

Excelling at mediocrity for 65 years.

Re: Windows 10 and Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (first gen): will they get on?

Postby blinddrew » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:56 pm

I have an 8i6, which is a couple of years older I think, but that plays fine with W10. The only occasional hiccup is with the scarlettmix software that will be fine for months at a time and then will randomly decide to reset itself to 48kHz every time for a couple of weeks, then it goes back to behaving itself.
That aside, the actual hardware and W10 have never skipped a beat.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...