You are here

Big drums in small spaces article SOS_2019_01

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Big drums in small spaces article SOS_2019_01

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 pm

random aside , not helpful but...

I recorded/broadcast the very same drum kit, in a MUCH larger space..... (Church sized live / broadcast venue )

Not once but twice..... Once in the hands of the same act...

once in the hands of a certain more noteworthy artiste the night he infamously got thrown off stage by the promoter ,..,..

those in the know can go find the you tube video and see the kit in situ....

I had a jolly good chuckle when I saw the article..... and messaged Mike directly.... ;)

Kit sounded alright in the hands of the youths Mike also worked with, but the drummer needed to come to physical maturity and gain better consistency in his playing / power/ control
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Mostly Retired from Audio.... If I already know you I'll help,  if not....    Ask Hugh Robjohns, unless that is you're in need of 80's shred guitar... that, I'm still interested in having fun with...

Postby Mike Senior » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:08 am

Studio Support Gnome wrote:the drummer needed to come to physical maturity and gain better consistency in his playing / power/ control

Although, I have to say, I wish I'd been anything like that mature at that age! :) I mean, those kids have a work ethic like you wouldn't believe...
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster
Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio | Recording Secrets for the Small Studio

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 am

Average age 13 and a bit, didn't he say 3rd CD? Just had another listen and I see where Max is coming from but he's damn good for 13. It's decent by any standard and a bit exceptional for their age.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Mike Senior wrote:
Studio Support Gnome wrote:the drummer needed to come to physical maturity and gain better consistency in his playing / power/ control

Although, I have to say, I wish I'd been anything like that mature at that age! :) I mean, those kids have a work ethic like you wouldn't believe...

I suspect neither you or I had a Magician Uncle

;)
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Mostly Retired from Audio.... If I already know you I'll help,  if not....    Ask Hugh Robjohns, unless that is you're in need of 80's shred guitar... that, I'm still interested in having fun with...

Previous