You are here

Hs5 replacement parts

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Hs5 replacement parts

Postby maxieman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi, I have a set of Yamaha hs5 from the states and brought them to the uk. Me being me I blew one of em up and realised exactly what I did, I didn’t convert the voltage down from 240v to 110v. I replaced the fuse and plugged it into a transformer and the thing is still buggered :headbang: does anyone know where I can get the parts I need to get it working again? Or is that the end of the speaker? Thanks
Max
maxieman

Re: Hs5 replacement parts

Postby blinddrew » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:54 pm

Have you tried checking with one of Yamaha's service centres? https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/service_locator/
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: Hs5 replacement parts

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:10 am

Been there, done that :oops: if it has a linear power supply (which is a reasonable bet as most switched mode PSUs are able to cope with100-250 VAC, there are exceptions, I believe but I've never seen one) it is probably worth checking if it is just the transformer primary that has died, in the case of the US made GEQ I 'popped' a replacement tranny made it as good as new.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........