You are here

Plug in reverb choice?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Plug in reverb choice?

Postby dickiefunk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:33 am

I highly recommend checking out LiquidSonics products :thumbup:
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster
http://www.richardpenrose.com

Postby blinddrew » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:48 pm

awjoe wrote:
redlester wrote:This is worth a watch... from last year so not too out of date, the "Reverb World Cup".

https://youtu.be/SM02GXXeHH0

Yeah, that was great. My choices were different than his, but both of us arrived at the Lexi in the end.
That's interesting. My choices were very different and definitely verged to the R2 and the Valhalla.
Which is kind of good news because, in true murphy's law style, having recommended TrueVerb further up the thread I have now tracked this down as being the plugin that has been causing me a LOT of reaper crashes over the last month. This is enormously frustrating as this has been my go-to room reverb over the past couple of years. :(
Think it might be time to lob $50 the way of Valhalla and work out which remaining internal organs might be available to market.

Useful thread though!
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby mat6066 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:43 pm

Not seen any mention yet of a couple that may suit your needs (which I use and love) - the EMT250, Exponential Phoenix, and the old but still great Waves Rverb.
mat6066
Regular

Postby R_A » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:20 pm

I reckon it depends how classical your classical music is. If you want a "real classical music" sound Exponential Audio's Nimbus is a good choice (no wafting tail, coupled with exceptionally natural early reflections - makes this a really a beautiful reverb for serious stuff); if you want more of a movie / high budget TV sound Relab RS24 is a good choice. If you want a modern Lexicon sound Exponential Audio's R4 is probably the best bet... Alternatively if you fancy the old Lexicon sound Relab's LX480 is a great shout (I love the Ambience and RHallHD algos on this one).
R_A
Regular

Previous