You are here

Sound Volume 2

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Sound Volume 2

Postby Deleted User » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 am

Is it possible to make a sound only one person could hear?
Deleted User
Regular

Re: Sound Volume 2

Postby zenguitar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:26 am

Of course not.

Sound isn't a person to person interaction. Sound is creating a pressure wave in the physical world and then just hoping there is someone around to hear it.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:31 am

It's possible to make a sound only some people can hear, but you'll never quite be sure exactly who they are ;)

There are also technologies that allow you to position/project a focussed 'beam' of sound to a specific location, such that anyone not in that location are less likely to hear it but I don't think that's quite the same thing.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, raising money for charity via music created by forum members at https://sosforumalbum.bandcamp.com

Postby Kwackman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:26 am

Rather than start a "sound Volume 3" thread, could you explain what your are trying to achieve and give more details of the circumstances. There may be answers to both your queries, but the people who know these things will need more information.
For example, are the "hearers" in controlled environments? Are you using loudspeakers? Headphones? Is it speech? Music?

People asked you for more information on your other thread, and you haven't as yet responded, and started a second thread with a similar type of query.

I'm NOT accusing you of this, but there have been some trolls on recently with strange queries and without some more useful information, there's a fear people won't respond as they fear they're wasting their time. Again, I'm NOT saying you are a troll, but just making you aware you might have raised a few alarm bells with the people who could help you.
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Cubase, guitars.

Postby Mike Stranks » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:41 pm

Kwackman wrote:Rather than start a "sound Volume 3" thread, could you explain what your are trying to achieve and give more details of the circumstances. There may be answers to both your queries, but the people who know these things will need more information.
For example, are the "hearers" in controlled environments? Are you using loudspeakers? Headphones? Is it speech? Music?

People asked you for more information on your other thread, and you haven't as yet responded, and started a second thread with a similar type of query.

I'm NOT accusing you of this, but there have been some trolls on recently with strange queries and without some more useful information, there's a fear people won't respond as they fear they're wasting their time. Again, I'm NOT saying you are a troll, but just making you aware you might have raised a few alarm bells with the people who could help you.

:thumbup:
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:36 pm

:thumbup: 2
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.