You are here

GFI Specular Tempus?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

GFI Specular Tempus?

Postby Arpangel » Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 am

Been thinking about getting one of these as a small portable reverb for a synth, it seems to sound very good, and people are raving about it, just wondered if anyone here has one, or has had a chance to check one out in the flesh.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Re: GFI Specular Tempus?

Postby Martin Walker » Tue May 21, 2019 10:55 am

Well you certainly gave me a good reason to Google GFI Specular Tempus and while I can't comment on its sound, I must say that its design is GORGEOUS

Love those backlit pot knobs in particular! 8-)

My only slightly negative comment would be the placement of those two Aux and one MIDI socket across the front edge - collision with feet possibilities here?

Martin
Martin Walker

Re: GFI Specular Tempus?

Postby Arpangel » Wed May 22, 2019 8:04 am

Martin Walker wrote:Well you certainly gave me a good reason to Google GFI Specular Tempus and while I can't comment on its sound, I must say that its design is GORGEOUS

Love those backlit pot knobs in particular! 8-)

My only slightly negative comment would be the placement of those two Aux and one MIDI socket across the front edge - collision with feet possibilities here?

Martin

Hi Martin, yes, good point about the soclets. But, I think a lot of these "boutique" style pedals probably end up on the table of keyboard players rigs, rather than on the floor under a guitarist. There are a lot of beautiful designs out there at the moment, but those lights, and on some, hand painted graphics, all have to be paid for, and sometimes you wonder what has had the most effort put into it, the cosmetic design, or the electronics.
I've got a Strymon Big Sky, and that's fairly normal regarding design compared to this pedal, but it does sound very good, I'm wondering if the Tempus is going to be too much in the same territory, I'm looking for a good quallity, realistic type reverb to create halls/rooms on the end of a synth, the Tempus may be a little too way-out.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster