You are here

YT vid 'explains' why analog emulations don't sound as good as they should? Any truth in this?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: YT vid 'explains' why analog emulations don't sound as good as they should? Any truth in this?

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:57 pm

I suppose it comes back to music being something that needs to be experienced in person, a live performance should always be more engaging than a recording and a live recording better than a 'built up track by track' recording.

But the quality of the music can surpass the limitations of a studio recording and the studio can add things to a recording that couldn't be achieved with all the musicians playing in the same room so it's not simple (Pete Waterman hated his artists playing 'live' as his carefully crafted recordings were compromised).

I'm a huge fan of music being 'live' but also of Genisis, The Beatles and The Pink Floyd who used the studio as an instrument on it's own right so I have a foot in both camps...........
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous