You are here

Please help - To Choose Clean Audio (Loud Humming noise Comes from outside)

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Please help - To Choose Clean Audio (Loud Humming noise Comes from outside)

Postby CatMalone » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:56 pm

Hello,

I've a a home studio and invested in good gears, I create educational video course. Fortunately all was going well but ever since summers started, I've been facing an issue:

Someone runs an old era machine day and night, near my home and it makes "a lot of annoying humming noise which comes in my room and my floor also vibrates" Even at night I can't record (it's 3:59 AM right now). Also sound acoustic panels doesn't work at my place and also they cost fortune here :) so

I fine tuned a lot of other things :

I tried to remove the background humming noise using 3 different software's / techniques:
    Audacity
    Adobe Audition CC 2019
    OBS studio (used plugin)

and recorded a video.

Unfortunately I don't have studio monitors nor monitor headsets so when I listen to the post processing in my multimedia headset they all sound differently.

I request you if you have studio monitors nor monitor headsets, please watch my video where I shared 3 different test clips

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zakvjac930exs4/_Noise_removal-for-forum.mp4?dl=0

and please let me know out of these 3 clips which sound better (or professional)

Trust me it would be a great help :) and I'm grateful to you.
CatMalone
Thank you

Re: Please help - To Choose Clean Audio (Loud Humming noise Comes from outside)

Postby CatMalone » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:28 am

Anyone would like to share their opinions :)

Thank you, as I mentioned in my initial post, the noise is coming from outside of my home, as there is big machine running there day and night, it has a big old era fan which makes this noise, my floor vibrates and that old fan makes Broom droom noise...

Let me explain, earlier I reduced the gain (in audio interface so that mic picks up less noise) that's why It sounded like Air Conditioning noise whereas it was not, this noise is coming from outside.

1. Yes I can hear the noise with my ears, all the time (at least at night noise sounds too loud because it's all quiet all around)

2. It's not computer fan or vent or Air conditioner, trust me. Neither I run fan nor Air conditioner while recording even it's 48 degree temperature here. All this noise comes from outside. BTW as I already mentioned Acoustic panel doesn't work here and also that cost here a fortune.

So now I increased the gain and noise is more clear .

I tried low pass filter in my mic but that didn't do well.

Note: So now I adapted a different approach:

1. I changed my sitting position
2. Now mic is too close to my mouth
3. Gain level is increased

4. I also make sure fan, air conditioning etc.. not even run in adjacent rooms (in fact in my room I already don't run em while recording).

5. Most importantly now I recorded the noise for 30 secs (I don't know what to call it may be it's not hum but surely it's kind of noise) and afterwards I started speaking something. Now I'm providing you "Audacity Project files" and also "Raw Audio", and the "clean audio which I cleaned via audacity" so that you can analyze:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ax0omd1mf2xj ... t.zip?dl=0

I believe if we come to know what kind of noise it is then you may suggest me a specific way to cure this audio.

I'm so much grateful to you for your priceless efforts, I really wish to fix this issue so that I start doing my work, thank you guys, you are Great, Genius
CatMalone
Thank you