You are here

How and how often do you clean your studio?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: How and how often do you clean your studio?

Postby Logarhythm » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote: Very, very cool. Obviously there's a lot to take in here but a few initial questions spring to mind. Firstly, does the A.R.S.E system have a manual pressure over-ride?
Why yes, it does - we have devised a complex system that we call Fourier Analysed Relief Transfer, and this avoids excess over-pressure situations in the A.R.S.E system.
Otherwise there are manual controls mounted to the motor, so you've just got to pop up the ladder and adjust to taste :thumbup:

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote:But naturally I don't want to jeopardise what could potentially be a very fruitful relationship by allowing Paul's toupee to be sucked into the cold wastes of Earth orbit during his first visit.
It's a positive pressure system, i.e. pushing dusty air out of the studio, rather than sucking it in. Nonetheless I'd suggest ensuring toupees are appropriately secure, as even the hood of your audiophile-grade coverall suits (mandatory for all artists, of course) may not be sufficient given the power of the system. We recommend using a high-powered industrial vacuum cleaner on your clients' heads before granting them entry just to ensure that their hair is suitably secure, and thus preserving their dignity.
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:43 pm

We recommend using a high-powered industrial vacuum cleaner on your clients' heads before granting them entry just to ensure that their hair is suitably secure, and thus preserving their dignity.

That makes sense. I might take a belt and braces approach actually, and ask Mr Simon if it would be OK to coat his head in PVA and, whilst that dries, strap some gaffa around his whole head, ie under his chin etc, just to make sure. I suppose this might restrict his mouth movements a little, but a slightly tight-lipped vocal sound is clearly better than losing your hairdo altogether during the middle 8. Your hoover test would then be a useful final safety check before zipping him into his suit. Log Industries really does think of everything!

How long does the installation take, as Mr Simon's manager is keen that I transfer the introduction fee asap?
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"The performance is 99.9% of what people hear"- J. Leckie
"It's all complete nonsense, anyone who knows what they're doing can deliver great results with whatever comes to hand" - H. Robjohns

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 pm

Real bristle shaving brush duly purchased as recommended above. Probably not worth a full in-depth SOS review but have to say it's a brilliant solution to dusty rack stuff, speaker cones and those difficult-to-get-at keyboard bits.

Of course the dust just settles somewhere else after you've swept the kit, but short term it's a marvellous solution for dusty nooks and, indeed, crannies.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"It's all complete nonsense, anyone who knows what they're doing can deliver great results with whatever comes to hand" - H. Robjohns

Postby ManFromGlass » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:40 pm

That's brilliant -

SOS Product #2

SOS real bristle NASA standard small crevice and orifice dust removal device

(Product #1 was the SOS duvet, of course!)
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Dynamic Mike » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 am

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote:Real bristle shaving brush duly purchased as recommended above. Probably not worth a full in-depth SOS review but have to say it's a brilliant solution to dusty rack stuff, speaker cones and those difficult-to-get-at keyboard bits.

I feel like after all these years I've finally been able to give something back to the forum. :thumbup:
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Guitars are like partners. You know within 10 seconds of picking one up whether or not it's a keeper. 

Postby Martin Walker » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:30 am

And we all really appreciate it Dynamic Mike :clap:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby currentsound » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:51 am

Each day. Assuming there will be clients there each day. My old studio had carpet which required vacuuming every day but the new studio has wooden floors which can go a week before needing a clean.
currentsound
New here

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:05 am

Swot.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous